WELCOME TO THE ULTIMATE
Dazzling resorts dotted along the white sand shores of Cancun, Mexico come a dime a dozen, but we chose to stay at The Pyramid at Grand Oasis and will definitely be returning again. Here's why.
1. Location, Location, Location! The best beach experience in Cancun lies on what is referred to as the "Hotel Zone"- a 1/3 mile stretch of beach which boasts the clearest water and finest, whitest sand. The Pyramid is located directly in the center of it, where you are within walking distance to shops, malls and restaurants, should you feel the need to leave the resort (although with so much to do, you won't want to!)
2. The food! The Pyramid has some of the BEST restaurants in Cancun; literally, five of them are listed in the top ten restaurants in Cancun on TripAdvisor. The food quality is tremendous (think the best meat cuts and seafood!), with incredible variety (all you can sushi!) and great ambiance (gorgeous sea views!). Now, if you've visited all-inclusive resorts in touristy areas before, you may be familiar with having to line up at 8am to make dinner reservations, or risk eating at the same mediocre buffet for the fourth day in a row. You won't have that problem here, but pay attention! Oasis Hotels bought out what used to be two separate properties- The Grand and The Pyramid and combined them into one. Make sure to book The Pyramid at Grand Oasis (and not just the Grand Oasis), because you will get a different colored wristband that allows you access into exclusive restaurants. Because there are less people who book The Pyramid (as it is more expensive, but well worth it!) there are no lines and no reservations required. Just be sure to check which restaurants are exclusive and frequent those, as the Grand Oasis options aren't nearly as good and often have long lines. Definitely eat at Market Place for breakfast (the least crowded of the buffets by far and with more choices and a better view). For dinner, eat at Carayes Seafood at least once!
3. The rooms: While you MUST book The Pyramid for access to a more exclusive experience, we don't actually recommend staying in the Pyramid. The Pyramid building (although with newer renovated rooms) is towards the back of the property and doesn't have any ocean front rooms. So we recommend booking a Pyramid Oceanfront room (not the same as 'Sea View"), which is actually housed in the Grand Oasis building (confusing, we know!). These rooms have incredible balconies directly overlooking the ocean and are phenomenal. If you are traveling with a family, we reccomend spending a little more to upgrade to the Pyramid Suite which are on the top two floors, as it is more spacious with two rooms, and two balconies each overlooking the ocean.
4. Peacocks! How can you resist a property that has roaming peacocks throughout the property? While you are eating in a restaurant or lounging by the pool, peacocks will suddenly surprise you at your feet. Need we say more?
5. Loungers, daybeds and pools! While the Grand Oasis boasts the longest pool in Cancun (1/4 mile!), there is also a separate pool for those staying in The Pyramid. It is much smaller, but the plus is that it is surrounded with beautiful cabanas and daybeds available only to Pyramid guests, so no more waking up a the crack of dawn to reserve a cabana with your towel. Many all-inclusives in Cancun charge extra to use beach and pool cabanas and loungers, but we loved that at the Pyramid they are truly all-inclusive and free for guests.
If you still aren't convinced that this is the spot to be, The Pyramid also has nightly shows akin to Cirque Du Soleil, held in their giant Pyramid amphitheater. They also have ae robust gym full of all thee equipment you need, hammocks throughout the garden, and other entertainment such as tennis courts and golf. See you in Mexico!